Introduction to Genres - Digital Escape Room for Distance Learning
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Help! You're Stuck in a Book is an escape room loaded with puzzles for students to learn about different genres of books in an engaging, and interactive way. Students must solve 11 clues to unlock the codes that will help them get back to their class.
How does it work?
Students begin on a webpage with the scenario. They follow the directions and are then taken to the digital escape room. Students click the start button for the first lock and the first clue. There are eleven clues and locks in all, covering 10 different genres and one review page of all genres. The genres included are:
- historical fiction
- traditional literature (fairy tales, folk tales, etc.)
- realistic fiction
- science fiction
Clues include puzzles, codes, matching games, word searches, and more!
This escape room will probably take students approximately 60 minutes to complete, depending on student ability levels. However, because it has more clues than my other escape rooms, you may need to split it over 2 days. A time limit may be given, but this can cause stress so determine what is best for your class. Some of the benefits of kids using these in teams are:
- Develops teamwork and collaboration
- Builds critical thinking skills
- Promotes problem-solving skills
- Promotes communication
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces concepts
- Engaging and fun!
Included in this download
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a digital escape room
- Link to Help! You're Stuck in a Book! Google Sites™ escape room
- Answer Keys for all of the activities and lock codes
- QR Code (for accessing the site with mobile devices using a QR code reader app)
- Digital and printable recording sheet to keep track of clues
- Great for e-learning, just send the links to parents' email and they're off to solve the mystery from home! Parents can download the PDF worksheet for students to take notes if desired.
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Check your school's website filter before beginning the escape room. You will need access to:
- Google Sites
- Google Forms
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides
Before purchasing, please check to make sure you will be able to use these sites. Please play the escape room and check to be sure your student devices will work with the websites listed above.
This fun and engaging digital mystery is NO PREP and completely PAPERLESS. Just share the Google Sites™ website with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Google Classroom, too!
- Access to Computers, Laptops, Chromebooks or mobile devices
- Access to viewing Google Sites™ and Google Forms™
- Students will need free Google accounts to edit Google Slides™ and Google Sheets™ activities
- If using mobile devices, you will need the free Google Slides and Google Sheets apps downloaded in order for your students to edit the files.
***NOTE: Some districts block Google Sites for students. Please make sure your students have access to Google Sites.
Be sure to check out the preview to see what's included.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sign up for my newsletter for a personal dictionary for your kids!
Check out my blog!
Follow me on Instagram! I'd love for you to share pics of your kids in action!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Follow me on FaceBook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on YouTube!