Edward Tulane Digital Escape Room Help Edward Make it Home
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Help Edward Make It Home is a 360° escape room loaded with ways for students to review what they learned from the book, , in a fun, engaging, and interactive way. Students must solve 6 clues to unlock the codes that will help them get Edward back home. Check out the preview and video to see more!
How does it work?
Students begin on a webpage with the scenario. They follow the directions given in the underlined letters. They are then taken to the digital escape room. Students look around for the first lock and the first clue. There are six clues and locks in all.
- a word scramble with all the names Edward had in the book-They have to put them in the order they appeared in the book for the number code.
- a puzzle with a code word
- a Google sheets form with character clues to find a color code
- a matching game to put the events in order for a direction code
- a Google sheets form to find important numbers throughout the book for a number code
- a Google form with comprehension questions for a phrase code using Morse Code
This escape room should take your students approximately 45-60 minutes to complete, depending on student ability levels. A time limit may be given, but this can cause stress so determine what is best for your class. Some of the benefits of kids using these in teams are:
- Develops teamwork and collaboration
- Builds critical thinking skills
- Promotes problem-solving skills
- Promotes communication
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces concepts
- Perfect review for a test or use in place of a test
- Engaging and fun!
Included in this download
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a digital escape room
- Link to Help Edward Make It Home Google Sites™ escape room
- Answer Keys for all of the activities and lock codes
- QR Code (for accessing the site with mobile devices using a QR code reader app)
- Recording sheet to keep track of clues if needed
- Creative project after reading the book. Students use a chapter and 'dress' Edward to go along with the chapter. They then write about it using character traits.
- This includes:
- an editable note to parents
- bunny outline that can be printed on cardstock
- This includes:
- Great for e-learning, just send the links to parents' email and they're off to solve the mystery from home! Parents can download the PDF worksheet for students to take notes if desired.
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Check your school's website filter before beginning the escape room. You will need access to:
- Google Sites
- Google Forms
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides
Before purchasing, please check to make sure you will be able to use these sites. Please play the escape room and check to be sure your student devices will work with the websites listed above.
This fun and engaging digital mystery is NO PREP and completely PAPERLESS. Just share the Google Sites™ website with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Google Classroom, too!
- Access to Computers, Laptops, Chromebooks or mobile devices
- Access to viewing Google Sites™ and Google Forms™
- Students will need free Google accounts to edit Google Slides™ and Google Sheets™ activities
- If using mobile devices, you will need the free Google Slides and Google Sheets apps downloaded in order for your students to edit the files.
***NOTE: Some districts block Google Sites for students. Please make sure your students have access to Google Sites.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sign up for my newsletter for a personal dictionary for your kids!
Check out my blog!
Follow me on Instagram! I'd love for you to share pics of your kids in action!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Follow me on FaceBook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on YouTube!