Writing Better Sentences by Expanding Short, Choppy Sentences
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Use these graphic organizers to help your students take a short, simple sentence, and make it into a descriptive sentence. This activity walks students through the process of adding more to a sentence to make it more interesting.
Included in this pack is:
- Author at Work poster
- 2 graphic organizers(flow charts) to help kids make a longer and more interesting sentence. (One with lines & one without.)
- 13 different worksheets for kids to write a longer sentence from the shorter one that was given.
- 1 blank worksheet to write your own simple sentence to expand.
- 1 page for a final draft
- 2 example pages to help you teach this skill.
- A rubric for you to evaluate the sentences.
Have fun with your future authors! Be sure to check out some of my other writing activities and my blog for more ideas.