Black History Civil Rights Leaders Digital Escape Room Upper Elementary
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Try this FREE sample to see more. Help your students learn about important figures in history who helped pave the way for civil rights in America. This digital escape room is a fun and engaging way to learn about these important people. Can they crack the code?
Students will learn more about:
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Rosa Parks
- Harriet Tubman
- Sojourner Truth
- Frederick Douglass
- Ruby Bridges
Each person includes:
- a short biography for students to read
- a short video
- a puzzle to solve the clue-some puzzles include a 'how-to' video on how to solve the puzzle
Check out the preview and video to see more!
How does it work?
Students begin in an escape room and click START. They will see a presentation with instructions. They will be instructed to open the lock codes page and a notes page to keep track of the clue answers. Clues include puzzles, codes, matching games, and more!
This escape room will probably take students 45-60 minutes to complete, depending on student ability levels. A time limit may be given, but this can cause stress so determine what is best for your class. Some of the benefits of kids using these in teams are:
- Develops teamwork and collaboration
- Builds critical thinking skills
- Promotes problem-solving skills
- Promotes communication
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces concepts
- Engaging and fun!
Included in this download
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a digital escape room
- Link to Black History-Civil Rights Leaders escape room
- Answer Keys for all of the activities and lock codes
- QR Code (for accessing the site with mobile devices using a QR code reader app)
- Digital and printable recording sheet to keep track of clues
- Great for e-learning, just send the links through Google Classroom or to parents' email and they're off to solve the mystery from home! Parents can download the PDF worksheet for students to take notes if desired.
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Check your school's website filter before beginning the escape room. You will need access to:
Before purchasing, please check to make sure you will be able to use these sites. Please play the escape room and check to be sure your student devices will work with the websites listed above.
This fun and engaging digital escape room is NO PREP and completely PAPERLESS. Just share the link with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Google Classroom, too!
- Access to Computers, Laptops, Chromebooks, or mobile devices
- Access to Google Forms™ and Google Slides
- If using mobile devices, you will need the free Google Slides app downloaded in order for your students to edit the files.
Be sure to check out the preview and video to see what's included.
Check out some of my other escape rooms.
- Genres * Immigration at Ellis Island
- Verbs * Holidays Around the World
- Adjectives * Back to School
- Minecraft * Black History-Civil Rights Leaders
- Earth Day * The Oregon Trail
- Fractions * Field Day-Grammar Review
- Summer * St. Patrick's Day-Grammar Review
- Nouns * Edward Tulane
- Honey Bees FREE
Thanks for stopping by!
Follow me on Instagram! I'd love for you to share pics of your kids in action!