Earth Day Digital Escape Room Upper Elementary
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Try this FREE sample to see more. Save the Planet on Earth Day is a fun and engaging way to introduce students to some of the issues facing our planet Earth and some easy solutions for us all. Each topic covered has an informational paragraph, a video, a game to play to find the clue for the escape room, and a 'just for fun' game for early finishers. Can they crack the code?
The topics covered are:
- The history of Earth Day
- The importance of plants
- Water pollution and how we can help
- Endangered animals
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle
Check out the preview to see what your kids will be learning!
How does it work?
Students begin in an escape room and click START. They will see a presentation with instructions. They will be instructed to open the lock codes page and a notes page to keep track of the clue answers. Clues include puzzles, codes, matching games, mazes, and more!
Because each page in this escape room has 4 components, you may want to discuss the expectations with your students. The first time through you may want to ask them to read about the topic and then do the clue, then save the 'just for fun' for later. If there is a time restraint, you may want to do one section a day. That is a full week of lesson plans for science! Score!
This escape room will probably take students about 60 minutes to complete, depending on student ability levels. A time limit may be given, but this can cause stress so determine what is best for your class. Some of the benefits of kids using these in teams are:
- Develops teamwork and collaboration
- Builds critical thinking skills
- Promotes problem-solving skills
- Promotes communication
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces concepts
- Engaging and fun!
Included in this download
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a digital escape room
- 2 different links to Save the Planet! escape room. (Some schools now block Thinglink, so I created a work-around for that.)
- Answer Keys for all of the activities and lock codes
- QR Codes (for accessing the site with mobile devices using a QR code reader app)
- Digital and printable recording sheet to keep track of clues
- Great for e-learning, just send the links through Google Classroom or another LMS or to parents' email and they're off to solve the mystery from home! Parents can download the PDF worksheet for students to take notes if desired.
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Check your school's website filter before beginning the escape room. You will need access to:
Before purchasing, please check to make sure you will be able to use these sites. Please play the escape room and check to be sure your student devices will work with the websites listed above.
This fun and engaging digital escape room is NO PREP and completely PAPERLESS. Just share the link with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Google Classroom, too!
- Access to Computers, Laptops, Chromebooks, or mobile devices
- Access to Google Forms™
Check out some of my other escape rooms.
- Genres * Immigration at Ellis Island
- Verbs * Holidays Around the World
- Adjectives * Back to School
- Minecraft * Black History-Civil Rights Leaders
- Earth Day * The Oregon Trail
- Fractions * Field Day-Grammar Review
- Summer * St. Patrick's Day-Grammar Review
- Nouns * Edward Tulane
- Honey Bees FREE
Be sure to check out the preview and video to see what's included.
Thanks for stopping by!