Ellis Island Digital Escape Room for Immigration Coming to America
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Coming to America-Ellis Island is a 360° escape room loaded with ways for students to learn about immigration at Ellis Island in a fun, engaging, and interactive way. Students must solve 6 clues to unlock the codes that will help them through the immigration process.
How does it work?
By clicking on the play button in the center of the room the digital escape room opens. Students start by looking for the yellow star to begin the challenge. The scenario will open up when it is clicked and tells the students how to go about solving the clues. They then look for the first lock and the first clue. There are six clues and locks in all.
- a sorting activity to determine if the example is 1st class, steerage, or both
- a puzzle of the Statue of Liberty
- a video clip of the history of Ellis Island
- a google form where students use codes that were used to answer questions
- a matching game with a scrambled sentence
- a picture to show how we celebrated
This escape room should take your students approximately 45 minutes to complete, depending on student ability levels. A time limit may be given, but this can cause stress so determine what is best for your class. Some of the benefits of kids using these in teams are:
- Develops teamwork and collaboration
- Builds critical thinking skills
- Promotes problem-solving skills
- Promotes communication
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces concepts
- Perfect review for a test
- Engaging and fun!
Included in this download
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a digital escape room
- Link to Coming to America-Ellis Island Google Sites™ escape room
- Answer Keys for all of the activities and lock codes
- QR Code (for accessing the site with mobile devices using a QR code reader app)
- Great for e-learning, just send the links to parents' email and they're off to solve the mystery from home! Parents can download the PDF worksheet for students to take notes if desired.
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Check your school's website filter before beginning the escape room. You will need access to:
- Google Sites
- Google Forms
Before purchasing, please check to make sure you will be able to use these sites. Please play the escape room and check to be sure your student devices will work with the websites listed above.
This fun and engaging digital mystery is NO PREP and completely PAPERLESS. Just share the Google Sites™ website with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Google Classroom, too!
- Access to Computers, Laptops, Chromebooks or mobile devices
- Access to viewing Google Sites™ and Google Forms™
- Students will need free Google accounts to edit Google Slides™ and Google Sheets™ activities
- If using mobile devices, you will need the free Google Slides and Google Sheets apps downloaded in order for your students to edit the files.
***NOTE: Some districts block Google Sites for students. Please make sure your students have access to Google Sites.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sign up for my newsletter for a personal dictionary for your kids!
Check out my blog!
Follow me on Instagram! I'd love for you to share pics of your kids in action!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Follow me on FaceBook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on YouTube!