Hurricanes Mini Digital Escape: Reading Comprehension
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Kids are obsessed with bad weather...The worse the weather, the more they love it! Why not leverage that interest to build reading comprehension and problem-solving? HURRICANES! This fully interactive reading comprehension activity teaches students about hurricanes in a fun and engaging way.
Students read, watch, and solve a puzzle to win this one-lock escape.
Why students love it...
- They get to play a game.
- It's fully interactive and digital.
- It's easy to read, watch, and learn about something they are interested in.
Why teachers love it...
- When students are interested, they are engaged.
- When students are engaged, they are learning and it makes your job easier.
- There is no prep and no copies needed. Just share the link and go!
The benefits of this mini-version escape room are that it is perfect for introducing students to the concept of escape rooms. This escape will be perfect for a 30-40 minute class period, allowing students to open computers, link, and have fun learning and practicing comprehension skills.
- Assign with one link!
- Works seamlessly with Chromebooks
- NO GOOGLE!
- Great for introducing students to holidays
- A great introduction to playing digital escape rooms
- A completion phrase is provided to students as proof they completed the escape.
- Step-by-step teacher instructions with the answer key are provided
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Included in this resource:
- Teacher guide on how to use the resource
- The link and embed code to the digital game
- A worksheet you can have the students do to record answers
- A word search worksheet
- The worksheets are available to be completed as an Easel activity on TpT
See what other teachers like you are saying about similar mini-escapes:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I got COVID and had to go on maternity leave early. This pack saved me! It was so easy to email to my sub and it was great for her. I felt good that it was easy for a sub to use and rigorous enough for my students. -Courtney H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My students had so much fun completing this mini escape room in class today. All of my students finished within 30 minutes and my higher-level students were finishing around 15-20 minutes.
Check out some of my other one-lock informational Mini-Escapes:
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Rosa Parks
- Frederick Douglass
- Harriet Tubman
- Chinese New Year
- Groundhog Day
- Ruby Bridges
- Point of View with Fairy Tales
- History of Earth Day
- Importance of Trees and Plants - Earth Day
- The Life Cycle of a Chicken
- The Life Cycle of a Butterfly
- Cinco de Mayo
- Memorial Day
- Math Battle 3rd Grade - 4th Grade - 5th Grade
- Find the Imposter 2nd Grade - 3rd Grade - 4th Grade - 5th Grade
And, if you would like to try one of my larger Escapes:
- St. Patrick's Day-Grammar Review
- Immigration at Ellis Island
- Holidays Around the World
- Back to School
- Black History-Civil Rights Leaders
- Earth Day
- The Oregon Trail
- Field Day-Grammar Review
- Edward Tulane
- Honey Bees FREE
- Stan the Snowman-Winter Fun Puzzles
Be sure to check out the video preview to see what's included.
Thanks for stopping by!