Oregon Trail Pioneers Upper Elem Interactive Digital Escape
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Try this FREE sample to check out how they work! The Oregon Trail Interactive Learning Experience/Escape Room, is a fun and engaging way to introduce students to Westward Expansion, the pioneers, and the Oregon Trail. Each topic covered has
- an informational passage
- a video about the topic being covered
- a video about the stop along the trail
- a puzzle to solve to find the clue for the escape room
- a 'just for fun' game for early finishers Can they crack the code?
At each stop along the trail, different topics will be covered. The topics covered are:
- Independence, Missouri - Reasons for Moving West - also, the types of people who moved west
- Chimney Rock - Packing for the Trip West - what types of things people needed and had to leave behind
- Independence Rock - Trouble on the Trail - students will learn about some of the dangers pioneers would face along the way
- Fort Hall - Children on the Trail - students will learn what children did on the long journey for play and as chores
- Oregon City - Life in the West - students will learn about what pioneers had to do to survive once they made it to Oregon
Check out the preview to see all the different stops and what your kids will be learning along the way!
How does it work?
Students begin in an escape room and click START. They will see a presentation with the scenario and instructions on how to move through the game. They will be instructed to open the lock codes page and a notes page to keep track of the clue answers. Clues include puzzles, codes, matching games, mazes, quizzes, and more!
Because each page in this interactive learning experience/escape room has 4 components, you may want to discuss the expectations with your students. The first time through you may want to ask them to read about the topic and watch the video. Then, solve the clue and complete the 'just for fun', later. If there is a time restraint, you may want to do one section a day. That is a full week of lesson plans for social studies! Score!
This escape room will probably take students about 60 minutes to complete, depending on student ability levels. A time limit may be given, but this can cause stress so determine what is best for your class. Some of the benefits of kids using these in teams are:
- Develops teamwork and collaboration
- Builds critical thinking skills
- Promotes problem-solving skills
- Promotes communication
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces concepts
- Engaging and fun!
Included in this download
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a digital escape room
- a link to The Oregon Trail escape room
- an embed code to use with your LMS for the escape
- Answer Keys for all of the activities and lock codes
- QR Codes (to access the site with mobile devices using a QR code reader app)
- Digital and printable recording sheet to keep track of clues
- a Google link to the planning sheet if your students have trouble getting one in the room
- Great for e-learning, just send the links through Google Classroom or another LMS or to parents' email and they're off to solve the mystery from home! Parents can download the PDF worksheet for students to take notes if desired.
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Check your school's website filter before beginning the escape room. You will need access to:
Before purchasing, please check to make sure you will be able to use these sites. Before assigning to students, please play the escape room on a student device to make sure the sites will work for them. This fun and engaging digital escape room is NO PREP and completely PAPERLESS. Just share the link with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Google Classroom, too!
- Access to Computers, Laptops, Chromebooks, or mobile devices
- Access to Google Forms™
- Students will need free Google accounts to edit Google Slides™ and Google Sheets™ activities
Check out some of my other escape rooms.
- Earth Day
- Honey Bees FREE
- Immigration at Ellis Island
- Holidays Around the World
- Back to School
- Black History-Civil Rights Leaders
- The Oregon Trail
- Field Day-Grammar Review
- St. Patrick's Day-Grammar Review
- Edward Tulane
Be sure to check out the preview and video to see what's included.
Thanks for stopping by!